Are you operating at your Peak?
Osteopathy Australia* states:
• Back pain affects 70-90% of Australians in their lifetime
• Over 3.3 million Australians take medication for headaches
• 1 in 3 Australians suffer from musculoskeletal conditions
• 3.85 million Australians suffer from Arthritis
• 21% of Australians aged 25+ have at least one chronic condition
• Up to 70% of the Australian workforce suffer aches and pains
• 1/4 of seniors are injured in falls each year
• 68% of Australian women experience back pain during pregnancy
• Sporting injuries cost Australians $2bn every year
• 1 in 7 Australians reported back problems in 2011-2012
• 44% of people with back problems reported some level of activity limitation
• People aged 18+ with back problems were 2.6 times more likely to report very high levels of psychological distress than those without back pain.
• The burden of lower back pain ranking: 6 in the world, 1 in Australia.
*Osteopathy Australia is acknowledged by government and stakeholders as the peak representative body for all Australian osteopaths
The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare states:
• People with chronic back problems are more likely to report poor quality of life than the general population
The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare is a national asset. They are one of the leading health and welfare statistics agency in Australia, regarded as international leaders in this field.
Whoever you are and however you hurt yourself, we want to help you reach your Peak.
Male or female. Sport or gardening. Work or play. Young or old. Elite or amateur. Short or tall. Large or small. First time or long time.
Our patients come from all walks of life and have varied medical histories. No matter what your personal story is, you can trust that our Osteopaths will listen, plan and implement a plan to get you back to full health.